Security Installer Community

Optima 2 Plus Pir Is Not Triggering Alarm

Guest Richard

Guest Richard

OPTIMA 2 PLUS PIR IS NOT TRIGGERING ALARM

All door contacts chime.

All pirs chime in chime mode, hence working?

The problem started when my 11 month old son pressed some buttons on the keypad.

The alarm will set as if everything is ok.

Entry and exit zone 1 seem to work fine, but the alarm does not trigger when pir zones 2/3/4 are triggered, when the alarm is on. Has he disabled them some how? If so how can I enable them again?

Any help would be most appreciated many thanks

Richard

The detectors cannot be perminantly programmed out or isolated. How low is your keypad ? how tall is your son?

How are you testing the detectors? have you tried setting the system then walking infront of them?

Pete

Or it could just be the bell and internal sounder no longer works.

Yes, I have set the system, walked in front of the pirs, they just flash red, no alarm sound. When I go to deactivate the alarm, the zones are just lit up. Internal siren and external siren do work.

Many thanks

Guest Alarm Guard

It could be a few things. The sensor could be in 'double knock' which means they have to be triggered, cleared and then triggered again to activate the alarm.

Test it again with that in mind

It could be a few things. The sensor could be in 'double knock' which means they have to be triggered, cleared and then triggered again to activate the alarm.

Test it again with that in mind

Just tried that and the alarm still will not go off when armed.

i will be pop with next door when we fix this at this time of night

Yes, I have set the system, walked in front of the pirs, they just flash red, no alarm sound. When I go to deactivate the alarm, the zones are just lit up. Internal siren and external siren do work.

Many thanks

.....Bell delay ?

or

Do the PIRs work if put in 'walk test' mode ? - (You should get a chime/beep from the panel when the PIR LED glows)

A nearly retired previous installer !

Archived