Security Installer Community

The Reason I Found This Forum!!

Mike J

Hi All

Just because I am a little bitter and twisted about it right now I thought I would pass on what has been my Xmas horror story.

OK no names will be mentioned, but for 7 months I have worked for a respected manufacturer of CCTV intelligent solutions. The company was recently acquired by a PLC and subsequently I was made redundant at the end of November.

I am not an idiot and I saw it coming, so in my final weeks I thought I had secured another job with a new company selling intelligent CCTV solutions and all was happy.

Once I informed the new company of my redundancy, I was asked to come in to see them. I was waiting for an emailed job offer that never turned up and when I asked why they wanted to see me, they told me that they just wanted a chat.

Anyway, got there and these guys subsequently start to put it to me that the verbally agreed offer hd to change as the maths were'nt right for a new company and at that point I told them I was no longer interested. Amazingly, the offer returned to what it was previously!!!

I took the written offer away, let them stew for 12 hours and then told them I was impressed and rejected the job.

Basically, what is meant to be a reputable company took full advantage of my plight and tried to renegotiate. They asked me in there as they did not think I had the balls to tell them to "sod off" to their faces.

So this has left me high and dry and desperate for a new role.........hopefully, I can follow this up early in January and let you know of the good people out there in security land!!!

Hi All

Just because I am a little bitter and twisted about it right now I thought I would pass on what has been my Xmas horror story.

OK no names will be mentioned, but for 7 months I have worked for a respected manufacturer of CCTV intelligent solutions. The company was recently acquired by a PLC and subsequently I was made redundant at the end of November.

I am not an idiot and I saw it coming, so in my final weeks I thought I had secured another job with a new company selling intelligent CCTV solutions and all was happy.

Once I informed the new company of my redundancy, I was asked to come in to see them. I was waiting for an emailed job offer that never turned up and when I asked why they wanted to see me, they told me that they just wanted a chat.

Anyway, got there and these guys subsequently start to put it to me that the verbally agreed offer hd to change as the maths were'nt right for a new company and at that point I told them I was no longer interested. Amazingly, the offer returned to what it was previously!!!

I took the written offer away, let them stew for 12 hours and then told them I was impressed and rejected the job.

Basically, what is meant to be a reputable company took full advantage of my plight and tried to renegotiate. They asked me in there as they did not think I had the balls to tell them to "sod off" to their faces.

So this has left me high and dry and desperate for a new role.........hopefully, I can follow this up early in January and let you know of the good people out there in security land!!!

nice to see a man stick to his principles,and not be dictated to...rare these days...good luck man..

I suppose it couldnt have happend at a worst time of year. You sound like a clued up bloke so in the new year things are bound to be sorted for you.

Good luck mate :)

Ps. dont let the f***ers grind you down :bruce_h4h:

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

I suppose it couldnt have happend at a worst time of year. You sound like a clued up bloke so in the new year things are bound to be sorted for you.

Good luck mate :)

Ps. dont let the f***ers grind you down :bruce_h4h:

i feel an edit coming on...mods scrambeld....

:ninja:

Shhhh.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

good luck mate, just think, if that is the way they think, just imagine what they would have being like to work for.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived