Security Installer Community

Castle Alarm System Reset

Guest Dave Andrews

Guest Dave Andrews

Unfortunately my partner entered our house through the patio doors yesterday whilst the alarm was active. Although our pin no. de-activated the alarm we are now getting a message on the control panel that says '2335 Call Engineer'. Apparently this means that I need to have the system reset by an engineer, but I know that the system isn't faulty at all and just needs a code to reset it.

Does anybody know if there is a standard code to reset the alram under this circumstance? It seems crazy to incur a call-out cost just to have a new code entered.

Many thanks

Glen

Unfortunately the code 2335 needs feeding into a special remote reset algorithm to enable the system to reset. So there is little you can do other than call an engineer.

Sorry...

Dale

Guest andy jinks

you could get it reset with the monitoring station if you are police connected .And if you have a bells only alarm system then it doesnt need to be on engineer reset.

If you have a contract with a alarm company to look after the system and it is a bells only one then speak to them about putting it on customer reset.

Archived