Security Installer Community

bell box

Guest efftwo

Recently had my system revived (abacus panel) with new battery and bell box module. Now 2 weeks on the bell box rings for a second or two every 5 or so minutes. The strobe also flashes. I was led to believe these symptoms mean a depleted bell battery? Also was told it is dampness and to leave it over w/end and see how it goes. After a day of 'tinkling' I pulled the fuse and disconnected battery and bell. If I reconnect will the system function at user level and can anybody confirm what fault these symptoms may indicate?

No error on panel and it has just started doing this. I think the panel is a 6 P. (abacus)

Thanks for the reply and maybe as it is a new bell module it is wired wrongly. Scantronic 9066 SCB bell module. 7.2 volt battery. The old one was a 6v battery.

Guest oldtimer

I had a problem with a sentra sounder a couple of years ago and for no reason it would bleep for no reason. I traced the problem to induced AC and fitted a filter from ACT meters.

I would advise you to visit their site and download their test sheet . If you use it on all of your jobs you will have an reference for future use. You may think you do not have the time and it is not necessary but take it from me it does save time when you are called out to a system that has been operating ok for 2 years

Guest andy jinks

sounds like a dodgy S.A mod to me.....

might be better to get back the people that did the work to replace the S.A mod...

ive not used S.A mods for a long time and when you think that anyone can get a bell box for about £20 i cant see why it was put in ...

Sometimes.

Tried programming exit delay and every time it was checked it was at a different time.

After re-connecting everything strobe was flashing and panel wouldn,t respond to user,engineers' or default code.

Archived