Security Installer Community

Shock Sensor Placement and Setup

Guest Shaks

Hi

I've just finished fitting my first alarm system - a texecom veritas r8+. I've now decided to add shocks to all downstairs windows/doors. I'm not quite sure about the best location for these. I have 4 viper gl's for the windows and 2 guardtech shockgard 2's coming for the doors.

1. Would the bottom corner of the door be a good location for the shockguards as it's the easiest to get cable to? One of the door's is a french door.

2. Would the bottom corner of the windows be an OK location for the windows? 3 do not have an opening part of the window (they arejust panes of glass - upvc double glazed). One has a small opening on the bottom.

3. How can I calibrate them without using the viper calibration tool? I've just had a quote to buy one of these and it was

Hi

I've just finished fitting my first alarm system - a texecom veritas r8+. I've now decided to add shocks to all downstairs windows/doors. I'm not quite sure about the best location for these. I have 4 viper gl's for the windows and 2 guardtech shockgard 2's coming for the doors.

1. Would the bottom corner of the door be a good location for the shockguards as it's the easiest to get cable to? One of the door's is a french door.

2. Would the bottom corner of the windows be an OK location for the windows? 3 do not have an opening part of the window (they arejust panes of glass - upvc double glazed). One has a small opening on the bottom.

3. How can I calibrate them without using the viper calibration tool? I've just had a quote to buy one of these and it was

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Archived