Security Installer Community

melcom ad1000

Guest scottygio

Guest scottygio

has anyone wired up the ad1000 voice dialler? I find the wiring diagram a bit vague and would like some advice on how to the phone,autodialler and line socket join together,

regards

scott rennie

:(

Guest glangarnant

I have just completed connecting the AD1000 but no phone line to the house yet, so not sure if it is OK. It seems to be doing the right things.

One problem is the changing of the first phone number (follow me number).

If you look at the manual you will see the info is incorrect.

Tried Melcom for info - took 3 months to get a reply and that was simply "You do not understand our manual".

Not got the manual here now, will get more info in a day or so.

Bernard

Guest scottygio
I have just completed connecting the AD1000 but no phone line to the house yet, so not sure if it is OK. It seems to be doing the right things.

One problem is the changing of the first phone number (follow me number).

If you look at the manual you will see the info is incorrect.

Tried Melcom for info - took 3 months to get a reply and that was simply "You do not understand our manual".

Not got the manual here now, will get more info in a day or so.

Bernard

Guest scottygio

Hi Bernard,

thanks for your reply. My problem is how to actually connect the autpdialler to the phone and the line socket. I plan to run an extension socket from the main phone socket to near the auto dialer, using the phone socket supplied from melcom i can then easily connect into the telephone line socket. The hard part is connecting to the telephone, how do i manage that? I emailed melcom but after your statement saying it took 3 months i don't hold out for much hope. So my plan is to connect the autodialler to a telephone line socket using the plug supplied and then cut the end off an old phone (hope the wires are marked reg & green) and connect these into the autodialler at SET SET.

If i'm doing something wrong please someone tell me!!!

thanks again,

scott

I'd love to help as it is a simple job, but I can't work out what the hell you're on about unfortunately. Sounds a bit Heath Robinson but then again it is Melcom kit so..........

Anyway, back to it.

Guest glangarnant

I can mail you a drawing I received from Melcom on this, it's a lot clearer than the manual info.

Don't think you will get much help on the forum on Melcom stuff.

Send me your mail address to wsmba@btinternet.com and I will scan and forward the drawing.

Bernard

Archived