Security Installer Community

Mystery wireless PIR

Guest Macflame

Guest Macflame

I have attached a picture but it is not very clear. Just above the sensor is a bank of dip switches at right angles to each other. The bank immediately above the sensor contains 8 switches and is marked S2. The smaller bank has for switches and is marked S3. S1 is a tamper switch and there are two jumpers for the LED and walk test. There are two printed boxes at about eight o'clock to the sensor, marked 433 and 418. The 418 is ticked so I presume it operates on that frequency. On the botton left of the unit is printed THL-55.

Thanks in advance.post-6205-1131536688.jpg

I have attached a picture but it is not very clear. Just above the sensor is a bank of dip switches at right angles to each other. The bank immediately above the sensor contains 8 switches and is marked S2. The smaller bank has for switches and is marked S3. S1 is a tamper switch and there are two jumpers for the LED and walk test. There are two printed boxes at about eight o'clock to the sensor, marked 433 and 418. The 418 is ticked so I presume it operates on that frequency. On the botton left of the unit is printed THL-55.

Thanks in advance.post-6205-1131536688.jpg

Its a Electronics Line active8 "Cougar" Low Current Wireless Pir.... ;)

Edit: PS Here is a link to the web site :rolleyes:

Cougar PIR

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Guest Macflame
Its a Electronics Line active8 "Cougar" Low Current Wireless Pir.... ;)

Edit: PS Here is a link to the web site :rolleyes:

Cougar PIR

Would you happen to know the dip swtch settings for this wireless PIR. The manual I have for the system only shows 4 switches. I presume the additional bank are for wireless settings. Thanks in advance.

Would you happen to know the dip swtch settings for this wireless PIR. The manual I have for the system only shows 4 switches. I presume the additional bank are for wireless settings. Thanks in advance.

S3 are for the zones and S2 are the "house codes" :hmm:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Guest Macflame
S3 are for the zones and S2 are the "house codes" :hmm:

Thanks j.paul. I think that I can work it out from that. Best not fiddle with S2 then. Thanks again for your speedy responses.

Archived