Security Installer Community

Pyronix Conqueror and Pyronix Enforcer PIR's

Guest rick 3

Dear all

Newbie with a problem, I appreciate this is an old panel/system. Its actually in my parents place and the problem is that yesterday when the alarm detected movement it would not switch off!

Its usually on at night to detect the lower floor, but yesterday when they tried to turn it off, it would not turn off. This resulted in the mains fuse being pulled and back up battery on control panel being disconnected. Eventually the bell box back up batteries drained down.

One odd thing was my dad mentioned that all the PIR's were on red when the alarm was on, not sure if this is normal.

Apart from checking the wires and tampers for connection can anyone recommend any options....

Thanks

The system has been checked not too long ago and new battery added to the control panel

Yes do have both manuals installation and user

Thanks

Yo Rick, If i had been called to this with what you have said i would immediately suspect the battery/12v power if you have a meter check batt volts and aux volts after that its really a job for an engineer mate!

Thanks Secboy

Will give it go - just so I know is this a common feature of systems if the internal battery in the control panel is not holding charge. Can it cause a system to trigger and you not be able to turn it off? Probably a novice question but if the mains is still supplying power why should it cause a problem

Appreciate anyones help....

Thanks

Rick3

Try the default user code in your manual and see if that operates the system.

Thanks Alarmgard

Can you give a bit more info into your thinking here as I'm interested to learn what has happened, if the default code works are you saying the system has reset somehow?

Thanks again

Rick3

Archived