Security Installer Community

Sony SSC-E478P Day/Night Cameras

Alexg

Been looking for a high quality day/night camera for my system at home.

I've got 2 cameras mounted above the pavement looking each way down the street, at night it is pretty much black out there.

I want to replace the cameras with true day/night cameras so I can have high quality colour during the day and then B/W at night with the backup of an IR lamp if needed.

I've been looking at the Sony SSC-E478P

It has 540 lines & its sensitive to 0.55 lux in colour & 0.05 lux in B/W

Judgeing by all the other day/night cameras in the Norbain catalogue, this is about the best spec you can get in day/night cameras, has anyone used one of these and can give a score on performance? Is it a true colour/mono camera & will it work well with a 830nm IR lamp? does the camera itself change to B/W or do you need to trigger it?

Are there any other day/night cameras that will go lower that 0.05?

Thanks.

Guest Rockford
Been looking for a high quality day/night camera for my system at home.

I've got 2 cameras mounted above the pavement looking each way down the street, at night it is pretty much black out there.

I want to replace the cameras with true day/night cameras so I can have high quality colour during the day and then B/W at night with the backup of an IR lamp if needed.

I've been looking at the Sony SSC-E478P

It has 540 lines & its sensitive to 0.55 lux in colour & 0.05 lux in B/W

Judgeing by all the other day/night cameras in the Norbain catalogue, this is about the best spec you can get in day/night cameras, has anyone used one of these and can give a score on performance? Is it a true colour/mono camera & will it work well with a 830nm IR lamp? does the camera itself change to B/W or do you need to trigger it?

Are there any other day/night cameras that will go lower that 0.05?

Thanks.

Couldn't say for sure about THAT exact cam, but we have used other Sony cams. They're (generally) absolutely fine! They switch to D/N by themselves. We only have one in a place where there's an IR lamp (its a halogen 300W) and it can see as if it is daylight the entire yard. We have tried a smaller Sony with LED IR, which was good, but the range was very limited. I'm not sure what the LUX of our own VCL dome is, but that is INCREDIBLE!! It can see clearly in almost perfect dark WAY beyond ANY of our other cameras even without IR illumination.

Archived