Security Installer Community

Hello all, From Oz

Guest cp2lockie

Guest cp2lockie
:wacko: Hi all, As you may be able to tell by the name, I'm actually a Locksmith. Quite often though when I'm out on jobs I get asked about different alarms, which one's better and all of that. So I thought I would start investigating them again. So many alarms to choose from, which one is better at doing the job that the customer requires....... You can say that the reason I've joined is get a bit more knowledgable on the topic. Most of the alarms we use in Australia are the same as what is used in England and else where, just a bit of repackaging, example: the Networx range is run by Direct Alarm Supplies over here. I've got the defaulting methods for this range but I don't know how to get into the defaulting forum so I don't know if it's been posted yet or not. The other reason I'm here is that about 15 times a year I'm asked to do a commercial lock out (factory owners not paying the loans or what ever) and normally there is an alarm present and it does look very un-professional when I'm up a ladder cutting the wires to the siren (if it's not a satelite siren of course) and defaulting the panels would be a lot easier and look more professional.

cp2lockie,Welcome to the forum, you find a lot of interest and quite adictive.

How about posting some web links to manufacturers and trade distributors in your country, so that those of us that are interested can find out more.

Colin.

Guest cp2lockie

B) Hi Colin, I hope I'm doing this part correctly but here goes...

http://www.fratech.com.au/index.htm

http://www.dscsec.com.au/

http://www.das.com.au/

http://www.ness.com.au/

These are the main manufacturers in Australia. But they also import from overseas and put their own labels on them <_< . As with most sites, you need a login & password to get to the installation manuals :( but you can download the user manuals with no problems.

As for installers..... they're all over the place with different deals for monitored and stand alone set ups. We even have dear old :ph34r: //.National Installer.// :ph34r: .

Guest cp2lockie

Do you know which one, the nx have a models 4, 8, 8e, 12 and 16 that I'm aware off. Also where do I post the manual (if I've got one, :wacko: ) or get a copy of his to decypher? If needed please feel free to access my details and send direct to my email :) .

Hopefully I can help,

Geoff

Hi Geof,

The system the guy has is either a 4/8 (but both use the same manual). I can send you a copy of the manual - you might be able to understand it better than me or Pete as its written in Australian (I think).

Good luck, I agree with Pete though, it might be much easier to get the software and place a long distance programming call to New Zealand.

Dale

Guest Affinity

:rolleyes:

wow an aussie

you think he might be interested in the Multibox chaps! ^_^

Hi Geoff

hope you enjoy the site see you have met a few already.

Linda

Guest cp2lockie

Multibox ????? I hope that's what i think it is :D ..... Um.....Errrr...Welllll. Sorry about that folks, I'm in a bit of a silly mood :rolleyes: . Yes, I'm from the land Oz and I haven't heard of your multibox yet. I will research the topic a bit and see what I think.

Munchkin #79130000nx4

Guest cp2lockie

Ok, I've got a ci-arette in one hand :( and a coffee in the other :blink: . I think I'm set. Let's go for it. Feel free to email direct if you wish.

Archived