Security Installer Community

caddx nx-4 programming

Guest ziph

how would I use the download software???

Would I need to connect the alarm to a notebook using some kind of cable, or can I use a computer to dial in to the alarm???

You could do both

Connect the Pc via an interface cable locally to the panel.

Or do it remotely over a telephone line.

The guys are right about this being the easiest method of programming the system. If you do end up using the kepad I would suggest that you right down all the defaults on a separate piece of paper and then mark down any changes you need to make(try to use as many of the standard defaults as possible) this will be easier to follow than working through the whole manaul.

Colin.

Well...I have found where to download the caddx software from, but it is available to security professionals only....unfortunately, I am not one....

if anyone has access to the caddx (GE interlogix) website and can get this software for me, I think from what you guys have been saying, that it would be problem solved....

cheers guys

James

I found the software.....its a program called dl900

Now I have to either get or make a cable to connect to the alarm from my laptop, or else put the software on another computer at a different phone number so that I can dial in....

I guess i would rather make a cable...is this possible???anyone know how???

I am assuming of course that I cant dial in from the same number that the alarm is on.....or use the phone line somehow as an interface cable.....

No...that sounds VERY unlikely....

Silly me :P

well well then....

I was re-reading the installation manual again today and I finally have it figured out....well mostly....

Then I checked my email and the guy pete put me in contact with clarified it a bit more.....

So mostly sussed....

The only problem I have now is with the communicator...

I cant seem to get it to ring my cell phone when the alarm is tripped, or when I use the test option...maybe it is something to do with the communicator format...

It has the following options:

0-local-communicator is disabled (not what I want)

1-contact I.D.-DTMF format

2-pager-reports in a 4 + 2 DTMF format

3-domestic siren-domestic dialling via a siren tone format.call can be kissed off via the star (*) key on a DTMF phone

We use a BT style network in New Zealand, so you guys should be able to tell me which one is the one I want...hopefully.

Will this also affect the upload via phoneline using the dl900 software from caddx??

James.

weird!!!!

I tried changing the dialler settings, then ran the alarm/communicator test to see if it would dial my cell phone, but no luck...just the siren, no phone call....

But then about half an hour later, my cell phone rings....it is the alarm calling me....

Thats just plain old whacky as far as I'm concerned....maybe its some kind of dialer delay...I guess I better keep reading the manual....

James :wacko:

Your right James, it does sound like a dialler delay, mine kept calling me when the alarm was reset - which was no bloody use as I wanted it to call me when the alarm went off, turns out id made a boo boo as well!

As for the style of call, I would choose number three, as it would call you, play a series of beeps down the phone to signal what the problem is then you press * (star) on your keypad to verify you understood.

Dale

Archived