Security Installer Community

ADSL and Aritech 72

Guest slingris

Guest slingris

I'm living in Belgium and I have installed in the same telephone line a Aritech 72 alarm system and an ADSL connection. Before the alarm connection I have used a Basic ADSL filter.

Both systems are working but I have some performance problems with my ADSL connecton. I can download until 1.9Mbps of the 3.3Mbps that are available.

Belgacom (Telephony provider) recommends that has to install an additional filter before at the time that the line enters the house. Until taday I try to find someone to explain what this filter is about without any chance.

Doe anyone know what this filter is doing. Do you think that the ADSL packet losses are comming from the alarm?

Thanks in advance for any contribution.

Stavros

My alarm system works fine with our 1mb ADSL, even when the alarm dials the ARC it still works fine. I know their are known issues with BT Redcare due to the communication methods both using the unused high frequency bandwidth (I think). I would contact you telecoms provider and have them send an engineer to diagnose your system.

Dale

Guest safegard

Hi there,

Would i not be right in thinking that even if the alarm communicator is still connected, it would only ever cause a problem with the adsl during times of actual communication?

We routinely install communicators on adsl lines with an inline filter dragged out of its housing without any problems at all.

We have though occasionally come up against a faulty filter, which when replaced has cured any problem.

I would personally replace the filter first with any adsl problem (Lets face it they're cheap enough on Ebay!) and see whether that cures the fault.

Marc ^_^

Ours communicates fine and we don't have an ADSL filter on the line, the system just siezes the line and communicates with the ARC. We havent had any problems yet, admitedly its only been in a week and only been tested once!

D

Archived