Security Installer Community

Intruder & fire in one? or independant detectors

Guest SJR

Dear all,

Any comments, pros and cons, on whether to use Accenta panel fire zones with fire sensors and extended speakers, or whether to install independant linked detectors (mains with rechargable batteries).

I think that the limit of two speakers with the panel may be a problem, ie getting the sensors around this house is not a problem, but getting the alarm sound all over with only the two additional speaker allowed would be a problem (the one in the panel can not be counted as one because of its location and it is also hidden away and as such muffled).

Regards

Steve

Thanks.

Because they're there!! No seriously, it is suggested in the manual. The feature just ain't up to it in slightly larger (but not big - three storey terrace with extension) installs I suppose.

I did some further reading last night and found the diagram for additional sounders. So I'll check that out further.

I did not dwell on that feature too much last night, as, from what I remember, there is a different tone for the fire alarm internally with speakers, and that the sounders can be set for 2 secs on and 2 secs off.

I don't know whether they match, so I guess one might miss out on the distinctive internal speaker type tones. But the 2/2 sounders would be distinctive enough, yes? (Of course we all hope noone ever hears them to appreciate!)

I'll have to set up external bell and internal sounder volumes.

I guess in the end I was hopng to keep it simple, using the features of the panel. But maybe they're too much like 'bells and whistles' and it's best to keep it even more basic as per your suggestion.

Thanks once again.

Archived