Security Installer Community

opening FAI security guard 2

Guest zed_1970

Guest zed_1970

Hello, I was hoping someone could help me. I moved into a house some time ago which has an FAI security guard 2 installed. Problem is that it came without a battery charger. I have since sourced one and tried it out however it still does not work. I then sourced a new battery, however now i cannot work out how to actually open the front cover. Is there some trick to this or should i just be pulling it harder. I just don't want to break it. Any help would be appreciated,

Zed.

• 4 months later...
Guest simmo

The main front panel is secured by 4 x screws. If memory serves me correctly these are covered by a small square plastic cover. You will need a small screwdriver to prise the covers off first.

You should then be able to undo the screw. Once you get the screws out a large flatbladed screwdriver inserted in the side will help lever the cover off. Either way it's a pain to get it off.

Hope this helps.

Simmo B)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bladedawg

I rec. you throw the junk in the bin, A system that you have to plug in WORSE than wireless unsupervised PIRS,,

anyways

all the FAI Sec g I have come across I have ripped out. and replaced...

how did they manage to get out of AUS....

Also if you plugged in a dif tranny then what damage have you done,

???

maybe you plugged a AC tranny in and its DC.. maybe its the wrong voltage..

I think you blew it up.. thank god for that now someone can sell and install a whole new SECURITY alarm, even a real one

I had an ex FAI guy here say to me " now im selling a real security alarms " hes with Signature... although they suck to he is correct...

Guest simmo

Couldn't agree more mate, wouldn't want one sat in the corner of my lounge.

Cannot persuade my customer to get rid of it though!!!!

Simmo B)

Archived