Security Installer Community

Accord XPC Problem

Guest EMcG

I'd appreciate any help or advice anyone can give.

I have an unmonitored Accord XPC system. It has been working perfectly for several years. Last weekend we had new carpet fitted to an upstairs bedroom. Halfway through a continous alarm tone started - I checked the control panel and it was telling me that there was a 'zonal tamper' in zones 6 & 7.

After checking the manual zone 6 is the bedroom where the carpet was fitted and zone 7 is 'C/O' (don't know what that means).

I tried to reset the system according to the manual but no joy. I now cannot set the alarm - does anyone have any advice how to get this sorted? I am beginning to think that maybe the carpet fitters damaged the line going from the sensor in the top corner of the bedroom to the control box in the cupboard downstairs.

If this cannot be fixed without an engineer can anyone give me a rough idea of what would be a reasonable price to solve the problem?

Many thanks for any advice you can give.

Guest Santa Claus

Ho ho ho, it sounds like those pesky fitters have damaged a cable, get a company in to fix it and send them the bill and I will cross them off my list this year.

Thanks for the quick reply Santa - any rough idea how much that might cost? I will send them the bill but in the meantime I have to find the money to get the job done. By the way, the company that installed the system went out of business a few years back.

Guest Santa Claus
cheers Santa - you're top of my Xmas list.

69134[/snapback]

And if you get a maintenance contract on your alarm to save the neighbours ears in times of need you will be on top of mine! :)

• 1 year later...

Archived