Security Installer Community

Sterling 10 Install

Guest Guest_Simon_Guest

Guest Guest_Simon_Guest

I am currently installing a Sterling 10 alarm. After following all instructions of the panel and compents, I still have a problem when powering up. The RKP shows STERLING ALARMED and after a short period the internal and external sirens activate when the power is applied.

I have tested tamper circuit, which is fine.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,

Short out the global tamper, the bell box tamper and the keypad tamper. The keypad tamper is the one that allways catches people out as it requires a link in the back to make it function properly. Alternatively you could just have a dodgy board.... its happened to me not so long since, and I was scratching my head for days... when I replaced the PCB it worked fine first time.

Dale

When the alarm sounds, input the default user code and let us know what the RKP says is the cause of the alarm.

If you connect the RKP correctly you don't need a link on the RKP, as the tamper circuit will be complete once the RKP is refitted to the backplate. One occasional problem is the tamper spring on the rear of the RKP. Take it off and stretch the spring - it tends to be on the limit of being too short sometimes.

Also - have you fitted a wire link across the PA connections if you have no PA's?

There is also a plastic pin that needs removing from the back of the main case and inserting into the hole behind the microswitch on the lid tamper.

Hope these pointers help.

The biggest clue will be provided by the RKP display when you silence it!

Good Luck

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

Archived