Security Installer Community

Reed switch problem???

Guest paulm34

Guest paulm34

After having my front door replaced with a new upvc. I got hold of a new door reed switch, im finding it a stuggle to work out how to fit it to the new door. Because the new door on the inside is not flush with upvc frame work, the two contacts will not meet. Aswell the new door is beveled on the edges making it even harder to fit :cry:. Im sure many other people have had the same problem as me, is there some sort of special reed switch for this problem. Please help :yes:

After having my front door replaced with a new upvc. I got hold of a new door reed switch, im finding it a stuggle to work out how to fit it to the new door. Because the new door on the inside is not flush with upvc frame work, the two contacts will not meet. Aswell the new door is beveled on the edges making it even harder to fit :cry:. Im sure many other people have had the same problem as me, is there some sort of special reed switch for this problem. Please help :yes:

66528[/snapback]

This quite common, as long as you line them up together they shouid work fine even though one side will be on the bevel of the door

Archived