Security Installer Community

Alarm system ???

Guest mo-s3

Hi , im looking to upgrade my home alarm system very soon and am a bit confused with which route to take. Ive been looking at a few panels and basically have a control small criteria for what i require :

1: want to be able to dial in from a mobile or from work and control the system

2: dial in and send a signal to the control unit to activate a speaker with a pre recorded warning message

3: obvioulsy be relaible and stable for the shock sensors that r currently being installed

4: recieve a msg on my mobile warning me of a possible break in and then be able to listen into the property to verify its authenticity.

5 : be able to integrate it into a home automation system like the X10 and build on it in the future for eg, dial in and close the curtains and switch on lights etc.

I have been recommended the MICROTECH alarm panel which a friend can get one for me but i have no idea as of yet as to its capabilities.

Also looking in to the PARADOX security systems such as the digiplex with the Graphica display unit.

So if anyone has any idea of which system to use and how easy they are to integrate with home sutomation in the future i would be extremely grateful to hear ur views.

And also has anybody installed a GRAPHICA DIGIPLEX sytem ??

PARADOX SYSTEMS

Many thanks before hand for any help you can give me.

Guest Peter James

Visonic Powermax fits your bill apart from being class five wireless it does everything on your list. (and it talks)

The Microtech (Ademco Microtech) panel is a wonerful beast but its not for beginers and you would never get the download software for it.

Not had much dealings with paradox and I doubt many on this site has either .

Pete

Thanks Pete, i was hoping not to go down the wireless route due to having to but new pirs and other sensors to replace the originals. I currently have 14 zones around the home and maybe even more if i were to split them up. Besides the powermax has the keypad onthe main unit itself which unfortunatley is not suitable for the location that i propose to use.

My last alarm system was smashed up with a hammer when i got burgled so the less on display the better

cheers

I would install the Ademco microtech galaxy, with a Texecom speech dialler. The speech dialler will let you dial in and activate outputs, which could be to arm the alarm system, and it will ring you when the alarm goes off. The galaxy has an ethernet interface (I seem to recall you can buy one as an add on) so you could intergrate it into your home network. The best thing to do is to search the web for integrating the home alarm into home automation systems, as there is a site somewhere that gives you info on what software to use.

Dale

Archived