Security Installer Community

Offer Credit to customers?

Guest Helen

I was wondering if any of you offer credit to your customers?

We offer leasing to commercial customers but are finding it difficult to get a credit company for our domestic customers or customers who spend less than £1000.

In the past we have used our disecretion on certain installations and offered the customer a payment plan. This however is risky business and bad for cashflow. The problem we have is that domestic customers know they need a burglar alarm or security of some sort but aren't as willing as commercial customers to fork out for it (its not really as appealing as having new windows or a conservatory fitted is it?).

Also as the housing market is seeing an increase in rentals it might be an idea to rent systems out. We have been asked on several occassions to rent out CCTV equipment to domestic properties but again its risky if you don't have a credit company.

Any suggestions or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Helen

Helen,

Some options for you.

Cattles Plc has several companies within their group who do loans for less than £1000 and have a flexible lendding Criteria. www.cattles.co.uk

London Scottish Bank Plc.

They also do loans for less than a £1000. www.london-scottish.com

I hope the above is of use.

Colin.

Thanks Colin

We used to use Welcome Finance who are owned by Cattles but they changed their criteria and are no longer able to offer credit to consumers for security equipment.

I'll try London Scottish though.

Thanks again

Helen

another one is Provident Financial Services.

I was under the impression that Cattles were reviewing there lending criteria and that Security equipment would acceptable.

I also seem to remember a company in Wales, I think they were called Diamond security finance, but never used them, maybe someone could shed some light on this one.

Colin.

Archived