Security Installer Community

sl compact

Guest nirvana

Guest nirvana

Hi I installed an SL Compact Alarm a few years ago (with a little help). It's been switched of for ages though (since getting a cat as I've lost teh manual and forgot to to omit zones.

Anyhow killed power to the alarm today as had to get into a sensor to re-attach it to the wall - power came back on - alarm went off - cleared it with the code - problem is now the tamper light is on along with the power light - but nothing else seems to work - any ideas how to clear the tamper/where i could get a copy of the instruction sheet.

Thanks

- Angie

Hi , the SL is basically the same as the Optima XM, and the user manual is knocking about this site somewhere.You have a tamper fault which would most likely be on the last thing you touched , ie. the sensor.Make sure the lid is on properly , and that the control panel lid is closed.

Have you had the battery and charging circuits checked recently?.

Regards. :)

Guest nirvana
Hi , the SL is basically the same as the Optima XM, and the user manual is knocking about this site somewhere.You have a tamper fault which would most likely be on the last thing you touched , ie. the sensor.Make sure the lid is on properly , and that the control panel lid is closed.

Have you had the battery and charging circuits checked recently?.

Regards. :)

53346[/snapback]

Thanks, I'll have another look at the sensor.

Hi I installed an SL Compact Alarm a few years ago (with a little help). It's been switched of for ages though (since getting a cat as I've lost teh manual and forgot to to omit zones.

Anyhow killed power to the alarm today as had to get into a sensor to re-attach it to the wall - power came back on - alarm went off - cleared it with the code - problem is now the tamper light is on along with the power light - but nothing else seems to work - any ideas how to clear the tamper/where i could get a copy of the instruction sheet.

Thanks

- Angie

53288[/snapback]

If the keypad is dead, then its deinately a tamper, check the spring under the cover if you have removed it, Cant remember if the SL had an NVM.. saying that ive seem XL6s and above loose there memory many a time...

Dean

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

Archived