Security Installer Community

Help TS500

Guest Pauld

Guest Pauld

I have recently serviced my burglar alarm (Menvier TS500) the control panel was working but the bell box was not making any sounds. I checked the voltage being sent to the bellbox from the control panel (13 volts at the control panel and 13 volts at the bell box) so there was definately current being sent to the bellbox. The problem seemed to be with the bell box. I disconnected this and removed it from the wall (control panel in engineeer mode) so that I could take a closer look at it. On further inspection it turned out to be a loose connection on the sounder which I resoldered. This fixed the problem (the back up battery in the bellbox was now able to sound it). I replaced the bellbox on the wall and rewired it in the correct way however, there is now no voltage entering the bell box from the control panel. When I check the voltage output from the control panel to the bell box this is now zero. I have no idea why this is the case. I would be grateful if you have any suggestions as to what I could do to get the control panel to send a current out to the bellbox, this is all that is preventing the system working again. Have I missed a crucial step? The control panel works and sets and resets and all the detectors work.

Also how do you set the entry delay to longer than 15 sec

Sounds like you've blown the bell fuse when those wires have been flapping about in the breeze. Change the bell fuse and it should work. How many bells are there, what's the current draw in alarm?

It's a simple fault, with a simple remedy, if you're struggling with this then are you sure you should really be servicing your alarm. However, you probably don't want to listen to me saying that so, whatever.

To alter the entry delay time you need access to engineer functions on the system, unfortunately we can't go into detail on this. I'm sure if you had an engineer round to service the system then altering the entry delay while they were at it wouldn't be a problem.

Guest Pauld
Sounds like you've blown the bell fuse when those wires have been flapping about in the breeze. Change the bell fuse and it should work. How many bells are there, what's the current draw in alarm?

It's a simple fault, with a simple remedy, if you're struggling with this then are you sure you should really be servicing your alarm. However, you probably don't want to listen to me saying that so, whatever.

To alter the entry delay time you need access to engineer functions on the system, unfortunately we can't go into detail on this. I'm sure if you had an engineer round to service the system then altering the entry delay while they were at it wouldn't be a problem.

50236[/snapback]

Point taken, assume the bell fuse is in the control panel. Just one bell, haven't measured the current in alarm

Right, didnt realise you had posted twice!

Whatever you do, dont put your meter leads to the current testing terminals and then connect your meter to the positive and negative wires as you would to measure voltage.

:roflmao:

Just one bell, haven't measured the current in alarm

50250[/snapback]

Then you haven't serviced your alarm. I assume when you say service you just mean a walk and bell test then?

The bell fuse will be in the panel, which you should not remove the cover of as there are dangerous voltages within and you need to know what you're doing as well.

I would recommend a proper service visit from a competent alarm engineer to ensure your system is in proper working order.

Guest Pauld
Then you haven't serviced your alarm. I assume when you say service you just mean a walk and bell test then?

The bell fuse will be in the panel, which you should not remove the cover of as there are dangerous voltages within and you need to know what you're doing as well.

I would recommend a proper service visit from a competent alarm engineer to ensure your system is in proper working order.

50293[/snapback]

Sorted, I changed the bell fuse (once I finally located it!!! - to access it on the TS500 you have to access the PCB, I guess this is why they changed it to front access on the TS510). Any way all is working now - thanks for the advice - good to know there are some good guys out there

Archived