Security Installer Community

8ch kodicom dvr cctv card Problem

Guest TheKing549

Guest TheKing549

hello,

i got a kodicom drv cctv dar that i just bought the card has 8 video channel and one audio it's a 240fps card, i installed it in my pc, specs: win xp, 2.0ghz, 704mb ram,60 and 120gb hard drive, and a internal video card 64mb, my problem is that when you connect the camera you cant see live video you will only see a picture of what the camera capture but it wont move, and if you point the camera to another side pointing to something different you will still be looking at the other picture it wont change it will stay still unless you go and click on the camera in the software and then it will change the image to the new side you moved the camera to, and if you go to setup and you click on motion setup you could see in there that the camera moves perfect in the screen to adjust the camera, i read only that this could all be cause by you video card but i'm not sure because it's a brand new computer the computer is only one week old.

Guest bigbro

You may have problems with the graphics card your using, reply back with the details of the chip (i.e sis, nvidia etc )and i'll let you know. Also, may be worth checking your pc is well up to the specs of the card, and that you have the latest drivers etc.

cheers

Wayne

Big Brother Security

hello,

i got a kodicom drv cctv dar that i just bought the card has 8 video channel and one audio it's a 240fps card, i installed it in my pc, specs: win xp, 2.0ghz, 704mb ram,60 and 120gb hard drive, and a internal video card 64mb, my problem is that when you connect the camera you cant see live video you will only see a picture of what the camera capture but it wont move, and if you point the camera to another side pointing to something different you will still be looking at the other picture it wont change it will stay still unless you go and click on the camera in the software and then it will change the image to the new side you moved the camera to, and if you go to setup and you click on motion setup you could see in there that the camera moves perfect in the screen to adjust the camera, i read only that this could all be cause by you video card but i'm not sure because it's a brand new computer the computer is only one week old.

42413[/snapback]

Do you have the latest version of DirectX loaded, to check go to Start, Run then type dxdiag and it should tell you, Version 9.0 or above is what most cards need.

If its working in the setup program, but not in normal operation I would suggest that the software isnt set up correctly. With some DVR software (like Wavereader) you have to tell it to do live look-in then hit the play button or it doesnt update the images.

• 1 year later...
Guest marv2097
hello,

pc, specs: win xp, 2.0ghz, 704mb ram,60 and 120gb hard drive, and a internal video card 64mb,

I have the same card I believe and had the same problem. From what I have found the Kodicom cards likes lots of RAM and video ram. I have 1.5 GB Geil DDR. Aparently it can be very fussy about the brand of RAM. The reason your card isnt outputting the live video to the screen is (as others have mentioned) with the video card. As your card is an internal one I assume its onboard so it will allocate its video memory from the system RAM. The Kodicom card will only output video if it sees a video card with more than 64mb memory. If possible change the ammount of system memory the video card can use in the bios. i.e 96 or 128 mb. The other option is to buy an AGP Graphics card with 128mb +. I also know only certain graphics chipsets will work well with the card.

Hope this helps.

Archived