Security Installer Community

SSAIB

Paul Giles

Guest IM_Alarms

I've got BASE and yes it is a bit hard to get used to. It has a few glitches where it won't let you do what you want to do. You have to do things 'their' way!! a lot. :wacko:

I've got BASE and yes it is a bit hard to get used to. It has a few glitches where it won't let you do what you want to do. You have to do things 'their' way!! a lot.

Agree to a certain extent, as we recently switched over to Base & yes, it takes a while to get used to, but we like it. SSAIB helped develop it for it's members. I don't know if it's available elsewhere (non members)

We looked at others like KISS / WIN SIM'S & were very impressed, especially as the guy who developed KISS would tweak it / tailor make it for your requirements.

However, at the end of the day it came down to cost for us & there was a massive difference in the price.

We manage our client base (mtce visits) with BASE & produce our false alarm stats with it. SSAIB also have much documentation available for producing spec's / risk assessment (including EN501) & just about all aspects of quality management & I used a lot of this in preparing my own system of producing specs & documentation.

They also work alongside BT Redcare for similar documents & training. The intro for EN501 was a real eye opener I must admit :)

Chris

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Yeah we have had it for about a year now and must admit we havn't really used it much.

It throws up some annoying errors but im sure we will cope with it!

Would have been nice if someone could have popped round to help set up i reckon.

Just got my reminder through to continue.

I really want to start using it as we are so 'manual' at the moment if you know what i mean! whereas a programme like that should take a lot of that away

Paul

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

We played around with it for some time, testing it before deciding to go with it. One of the things I like is that you can display loads of important info all on the main account details page without searching around for it.

We also changed the address format slightly, entering post codes on the main address section and used the actual post code box to display the town name instead.

In doing this, When we print off a monthly mtce sheet, we can instantly see all the Towns for that month on the LHS of the sheet & can target them much more easily when planning daily mtce visits.

I agree Paul that there are a few wierd pop up messages & the technical support guy's are aware, but I must say they don't seem too bothered by them & our system runs fine.

We also use it for all other types of install now, but like any system, it's only as good as the info you put into it. :)

Chris

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Guest IM_Alarms

I'm in a similar situation as Kipper, had it a year and using it less and less. It's good to hear that it is workable with a bit of effort. I'll have to get on the case soon as I have an inspection coming up. :yes::cry:

I forgot to say that it can't be networked, which at first we were unhappy with, but our IT guy came up with switch option, where we can access our BASE PC from any other work station in the building.

We concentrated on loading all of our monitored systems first, getting all the mtce due dates right, then putting on other contracted systems, then the basic audibles etc.

It is a bit of work at first & we were operating BASE & the old system for quite a few weeks & double checking everything we did, but with regular input, it's great & it now makes our false alarm management stat's far more easier to stay on top of. Entering mtce info is easy. Job sheets a little bit more involved though.

I don't know how big your firms are guy's, but for our smaller 4 man team it's great once you get used to it & it only takes myself or our Senior Eng about half an hour a day to make sure its all up to date, which can be done over morning coffee first thing :lol:

You guy's are probably aware of how much less it costs than some of the other kit available, & I'd be happy to continue discussing this say in the SSAIB section in the Trade Forum, where I feel it would be more appropriate than in the public forum?

I've not yet decided on using it for invoicing and have a different system at the moment, which works fine.

IM Alarms: - mate, your in the trade. Why not PM one of the Mod's like Service Engineer or Peter James for access to the Trade Forum? There's so much more in there. :yes:

Chris

Archived