Security Installer Community

2 questions about alarms

Guest Mickie D

Guest Mickie D

first question is about wireing the smoke alarms into the systems...

do i just loop the interconnect from the smokes into the zone or is it best to get 12volt smokes by texecom or something ?

fooking be much easier to wire lol aswell.

ok now onto the other question :)

this will be a bit tuffer lol

i have come across another alarm (dont ask since i have been getting into this its crazyt hey are knocking at me door)

this alarm is called a clarion or claryon (might not even be that lol) just had a look at the job i am at this morning but i have looked on the ent i wonder if any of you have heard about this alarm... its got the biggest motherbaord i have seen lol

thanks for any advice

do i just loop the interconnect from the smokes into the zone or is it best to get 12volt smokes by texecom or something ?
To be honest id go with Texecom 12v smokes, much less hassle than messing about with intereconnects and you know they'll work
this alarm is called a clarion or claryon (might not even be that lol) just had a look at the job i am at this morning but i have looked on the ent i wonder if any of you have heard about this alarm... its got the biggest motherbaord i have seen lol

Personally id tell the guy he needs to upgrade, ive never heard of that thing and its probably not manufactured anymore so would be impossible to replace

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

No, don't just loop the interconnect. If you listened to me when I first told you how to do it :whistle: you would have remembered I said something along the lines of;

You can either use standard smokes with a relay base. You then connect the zone wiring on the alarm into the relay.

Or, you can just use some 12V smoke detectors, such as the Texecom Exodus or similar.

Now pay attention at the back ;)

Guest Mickie D
No, don't just loop the interconnect. If you listened to me when I first told you how to do it :whistle:  you would have remembered I said something along the lines of;

You can either use standard smokes with a relay base. You then connect the zone wiring on the alarm into the relay.

Or, you can just use some 12V smoke detectors, such as the Texecom Exodus or similar.

Now pay attention at the back  ;)

36194[/snapback]

ha ha... im clever but im still lost on that maybe monteey could explain it better lmfao

just messing im listening but can you go into more detail please

Basically buy Texecom Exodus smokes, job done!

Mark Hawks

Guest Mickie D
Personally id tell the guy he needs to upgrade, ive never heard of that thing and its probably not manufactured anymore so would be impossible to replace

36192[/snapback]

he is i am going to install a texecom but i told the fella i would find out what it is... i will jsut tell him that none of you guys have heard of a clarion/claryon either.

Regards

Mickie D

Well, probably the easiest option is to use the 12V smokes then. I would usually use them if I was fitting an alarm in the property, it's easier than having to get 230V everywhere!

Have a look here.

Excellent another happy customer, next question :D

Mark Hawks

Guest Mickie D
Excellent another happy customer, next question  :D

36204[/snapback]

sold but is there another brand the houses i am doing are really top market for high income rental and those stupid blue and red rings might look silly (yes i know its on the ceiling but would hate to put one in and have the owners moaning

also another question while i have your fantastic support and attn ;)

when i buy 12v smokes how much apart does the wiring have to be apart from other alarm cables ?

before you go mad lurch if you say all cables have to be 50mm apart which i would agree with and then some (3 inches ;) being better) are you sure about alarm cables being 50mm away from other alarm cables ??? as they all meet up in the control box anyhow ??? its making this install a bit of a pain when i am running most up the house and being as careful as possible

ALL alarm cables can run together, just try and keep em away from mains as far as possible

If they moan you can peel off the blue/red rings on the smokes, although i wouldnt, i highly doubt that they would moan unless they were seriously pedantic toasters!

Mark Hawks

Archived