Security Installer Community

optima compact manual needed

Guest ceri1

thanks for the manuals, i now have a specific problem. A cable to a sensor has been chewed through by a rat, activating the tamper. The alarm has gone into lock out mode. According to the manaul, it will stay like this until the fault is rectified. I want to disconect the alarm from mains and battery, replace the broken cable and reconnect. Can i do this without setting the alarm off? the manual does not really say. Do i need to disconnect the mains/battery in a special order? any help?

If you remove the mains and the battery , then the outside bell should activate (SAB), but if you are careful , you can open the panel , trace and remove / replace the cable , and if all is well , clear the tamper fault ,without removing power.(if in doubt , remove the mains supply)

:rolleyes:

You will find that the tamper circuit on the pcb only has two wires connected. However, these two wires are at the end of a big loop of wire consisting of all of your cables disappearing away to contacts and detectors.

Identify the circuit on which the fault is and if you can't easily repair it or don't want to, then leave out the pair of tamper wires from the affected circuit and then ensure continuity is on the tamper loop of remaning wires.

If you are lucky enough to have spare conductors int he affected cable then use the spare wires to carry the tamper circuit. :P

Ensure you staple the cables if possible as this will reduce the risk of rodent damage. :angry:

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Dave_m

i have a Optima Compact G3 Panel but am finding it hard to install with the engineering information could someone send me as much information about this alarm that i could need

I realy hope someone out there could help me out been tryin to fit this for weeks now :)

Archived