Security Installer Community

Advantage ZX6

Guest MidnightPink

Guest MidnightPink

:cry: I have recently moved into a house which has the Advantage ZX6 Alarm System. I have tried ringing a number of companies to try and find out how to reset the code for the alarm but no one seems able to give me any advice.

I would feel a lot better if I were in a position to change the code or to be able to change the code periodiclaly.

Can anyone help me? Also are they good alarm systems?

Thanks

MidnightP

Now then, I seem to think I've got as manual for one of those in the back of the car, which I'll not be going out and getting just yet. I have come across a couple of these panels, reasonably DIY affair to be honest.

As always I would recommend you get your alarm serviced, and in doing so the engineer could provide you with a user manual.

Whereabouts in the country are you?

Guest MidnightPink

Hi I am in the Birmingham Area.

To be quite honest don't need a manual. I can't imagine that I would not have to input the old code. Perhaps when you have time you could let me have the reset procedure. Thanks. MidnightP

Hmm, could be in a bit of a pickle here.

To reset the code you need to reset the complete system, with the aid of the installation manual, which we don't give out to the public unfortunately. To reset the system you'll need to get someone out to it to perform a hard reset.

For the user to change the user code you need the old user code and the user guide.

Guest MidnightPink
Hmm, could be in a bit of a pickle here.

To reset the code you need to reset the complete system, with the aid of the installation manual, which we don't give out to the public unfortunately. To reset the system you'll need to get someone out to it to perform a hard reset.

For the user to change the user code you need the old user code and the user guide.

35981[/snapback]

Is there a difference between changing the user code and changing the system code if there is, all I would like to do is to change the user code as I have the old code I would just like to change the user code, also how would I get hold of a user guide which would tell me how to change the user code.

Thanks

MidnightP

Archived