Security Installer Community

HELP Optima G3 beeps every 5 minutes

Guest Adam Burgess

Guest Adam Burgess
Check your smoke detector batteries

33469[/snapback]

Nope, its not that - I checked the battery in a smoke alarm. Any other suggestions as I,m going loopy! :(

:( My Optima G3 keeps giving 1 beep every 5 minutes - how can I fix this ? otherwise no sleep tonight!!!

33465[/snapback]

If its an audible double bleep every five minutes and its DEFFO the panel and not the smoke as my friend says - then its a line fault and it has lost its connection to the phone line. - try entering your user code and then pressing reset, or set and unset system and press reset - one of these combinations should shut it up for the moment.

Guest Adam Burgess
If its an audible double bleep every five minutes and its DEFFO the panel and not the smoke as my friend says - then its a line fault and it has lost its connection to the phone line. - try entering your user code and then pressing reset, or set and unset system and press reset - one of these combinations should shut it up for the moment.

33475[/snapback]

Only 1 beep/5mins and it isn't connected to a phone line - well I think it isn't. Will check your suggestion though

Are there any lights on the display? and check the back of all your cupboards for old smoke detectors youve taken down and forgotten about and left the batteries in.

Pete

33477[/snapback]

I have normal lights on the display

Only 1 beep/5mins and it isn't connected to a phone line - well I think it isn't.  Will check your suggestion though

33479[/snapback]

It might not be connected to the phone line - but the G3 range are capable of this.

It could be an audible SERVICE WARNING timer and will need an engineer call out to sort the system for you.

One single beep is the service timer ive just checked through some paper work matey - you will need an engineer to reset and check over the system.

Where are you?? someone on here may be able to help you?

One single beep is the service timer ive just checked through some paper work matey - you will need an engineer to reset and check over the system.

Where are you?? someone on here may be able to help you?

33483[/snapback]

A couple of questions:

1. Can I switch the beep off until tommorow morning?

2. Will my alarm go off in the night if I don't get it sorted tonight?

Guest Adam Burgess
A couple of questions:

33489[/snapback]

P.S I,m in Sale, Cheshire - so if there are any local trade watching - how much for a call out tonight?

A couple of questions:

33489[/snapback]

1. No - not without an eng reset!

2. No - dont worry it wont go off unless you set it and someone breaks in :(

Archived