Security Installer Community

Aritech EV-105?

antinode

What's everyone's opinion on these? I just got hold of a bunch of equipment with one of these included, so I decided I may aswell put it to use, by replacing a 10 year old Visonic Coral Plus with it. It seems pretty well built, and I like the concealed screw-on cover (I can't stand most clip on covers myself!) So what do you reckon? Is it a decent detector, performance-wise? If it is, I'm gonna pick up a couple more to add to the kitchen and dining room, which only have door and window contacts at present (all on the same zone aswell :no: )

cheers!

Trade Member

Well you certainly couldnt get any worse than the Coral Plus, possibly the cheapest and nastiest 'PIR' ever to be manufactured. A company i used to work for fitted them by the pallet load, then replaced them by the pallet load, only for them to be replaced by our supplier. It was a horrific vicious circle, have not a good word to say about them.

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Well you certainly couldnt get any worse than the Coral Plus, possibly the cheapest and nastiest 'PIR' ever to be manufactured. A company i used to work for fitted them by the pallet load, then replaced them by the pallet load, only for them to be replaced by our supplier. It was a horrific vicious circle, have not a good word to say about them.

33078[/snapback]

Worse than the cheapo Intellisense thing? :o I agree with you though. It's not the best!

Trade Member

• 3 weeks later...

Aritech is a top notch manufacturer of security equipment. High Street Banks have their detectors fitted as standard - so they must have a good rep. The EV105 is the lower end of the Aritech PIR range but it's the same technology that goes into all of them so I would suggest they are as good as you can get for a PIR. As usual it's the siting that is important.

the EV105 are nice pirs. Look quite smart and give good coverage.

The are also mirrored, giving 7 curtains set at 12m range

The DD100 range dualtechs look the same and r just as realiable.

chris

isc systems

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Guest absvicandmark
the EV105 are nice pirs. Look quite smart and give good coverage.

The are also mirrored, giving 7 curtains set  at 12m range

The DD100 range dualtechs look the same and r just as realiable.

chris

isc systems

34866[/snapback]

Ive noticed my company using the 105s a lot more now. Personally I like them as dont seem to suffer from f/a`s as much as others (especially the EV125 range).No need to use resistors if put on the right setting. Saves a lot of time.

Archived