Security Installer Community

regulations

i think this may have been mentioned before but i am hearing various reports about part p for electrical work, my mate reckons that after january we wont be able to connect a flex from a spur into a panel and also fit extra sockets etc in our wn homes

i was under the impression that it was only for new circuits rather than adding into existing..

also has any one got a guide to dd243 they could send me, beenasked to spec a job for a mate but its to be monitored so wanna make sure i do it right

cheers

Ha if anyone thinks im gonna stop doing electrical work in my own home they got another thing coming!

I dont think that part p is that stringent as to go far enough to stop people connecting flex into a spur, but again they got another thing coming if they seriously think we all going to sit about for an hour for an electrician to come and connect in a spur.

Afraid i live in the real world, not some regulation world dreamt up by some moron in an office with nothing better to do.

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Couldnt agree more mate, im all for stopping the cowboys, but this is just a farce, noone knows what they can and cant do as the whole implementation process has been handled by a bunch of incompetent idiots.

I mean who the hell is going to be able to fork out 500 quid for a course just so you get a piece of paper, its truly ridulous, ok yes training is good but at a reasonable cost, not this daylight robbery.

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Archived