Security Installer Community

Need some innovation with a problem

Guest nitevizun

Guest nitevizun

I do Video security systems with web accessible interfaces.

Upon installing an PC based controller card (see link)

http://www.nitevizun.com/security/systems/GV-NETCARD.htm

to the (+)(-) alarm bell/etc. outputs of the alarm panel, sometimes I will get a trouble light that cannot just be reset like most of the systems. The only systems that I have an issue with are the ones that are using a bell/siren AND a wireless cellular sender on this output connection.

Am I overloading the output?

Should I try something like a relay on the output that won't allow connection until an actual alarm is tripped?

Comments????

Sounds like you are overloading it. Are you using this in conjunction with a Geovision card? I know that you cannot split a camera signal before it goes into the card, it will not detect the signal. Do you have the correct I/O card? It says it is the PTZ card so it might be set up differently.

Guest nitevizun
Sounds like you are overloading it. Are you using this in conjunction with a Geovision card? I know that you cannot split a camera signal before it goes into the card, it will not detect the signal. Do you have the correct I/O card? It says it is the PTZ card so it might be set up differently.

30719[/snapback]

Yes, it is the Geovision NetCard, like the one on my site. Yes this is the correct card, have been using it for quite some time. Just had the problem on those systems with a siren/bell AND another periphial like a wireless sender.

Any options?

Archived