Security Installer Community

Hello , Brief Introduction And A Thanks.

dyn6mite66

Hi my Name is Ben , 30 (just turned ...ouch) from the north west. Been looking at the site for a year now no have gained some valuable information and manuals from here so thank you.

I've been doing mainly CCTV, NETWORKS, DOOR ACCESS for about 5 years and within the last 1 year I am an Service engineer for an NSI gold company and have added Fire and Security alarms to my bow.

Strong points are CCTV, all aspects inc.. IP networking, Routers programming, network literate for fault finding, PTZ configure, Alarm inputs, presets etc...

Paxton Door access including the network software side of it no fault finding, stand alone systems also.

Networks , I understand and can work with IP related setups and fault, conflicts, correct range and all the complications that come with it.

Also CAT 5 networks , installing single points or 200 points, patching into switches from start to finish and placing IP cctv on the other end or just the network for the IT folk to come in on.

Security Alarms, mainly Texecom, Scantronic and Partial Galaxy, but service a vast array of systems I come across old and new. Dualcom knowledge , Speech dialer literate, FSL etc..

Fire Alarms , addressable or conventional , Hochiki , Kentec , Haeys , SMS , trained in Unit 5 FIA for the service and maintenance.

Emergency lights servicing.

Every day is different wether it be a service or a call out, must of seen 20 Security panels and the same Fire panels, loads of CCTV, various wide range of faults.

Moral of the story is its nice to be here and one day I am hoping to work for myself, current company i work for is up,for sale ( 25 years owned and now retireing) and who knows what will happen when a larger national chain buys it.

cheers

Thanks.

Hi there, i used to love being a service engineer. Done most of the stuff you mentioned apart from much cat5 work.

The only grind was being sent to the the other side of london at 4pm after thinking you are home and dry, apart from that i actually loved the job.

• Upvote 1