Security Installer Community

Nvr / Dvr Recommendations

Hi guys,

I have a friend who I'm putting a quote together for on his house.

Been out of the domestic game for years now so I'm fairly clueless as to what's out there domestic wise.

I have some external, wireless beam sets I'm going to incorporate into the system which will be set/unset by keyswitch.

the recorder will report activations via smart phone app / email.

I have a couple of 3MP cameras I would like to use but if someone could suggest a HD DVR system which will work just as well that would be great so I can give him a cheaper alternative system to compare.

Many thanks in advance

I personally like Hikvision. Its cheap and works well. Just buy from a reputable distributor so you don't get the chinese firmware. Nuvico makes some decent stuff too. Flir is another to check out but I'm not a big fan. Honeywell, GE and Geovision make a cheaper line of nvrs and IP cameras. I have not used them much. Speco makes a good product too. The one thing about the camera market is their is no shortage of products to choose from.

I have looked at the hikvision 7604 and do like spec.

I need an NVR where the alarm reporting / alarm inputs work well And has a good smart phone app, as the main selling point is video confirmation.

All I fit these days is i7 razberri's on milestone, the only other NVR I've had a play with is idis To be honest.

cheers

• 5 months later...

Milestone is good, we've used them in the past. Also I really like Xanview - which has a lot of features and is easy to use. It's much more budget friendly than Milestone. Hikvision, I have mixed feelings about - their interface is quite antiquated  and not as user friendly as the first two - also I find they're a pain to reach in case of issues.