Security Installer Community

cctv

Guest alkie

can anyone tell me any sites where i can get wiring diagrams for cctv camera connected to a monitor and if possible a video recorder.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Adrian

B) Simmo

Do you use Planet CCTV? if so how do you rate them at the moment Good Bad ect...

Just got their cat today looks nice and glossy with loads of helpfull info, But are they any good?

thanks

Adrian B)

Adrian,

Used them for the first time the other day.

Good points.

1. The bloke knew what he was talking about on the phone.

2. The order arrived the next day, and was well packaged.

3. I've already installed the kit and had no problems at all with it. In particular just used the kapture.net camera housing which the customer was really pleased with.

4. The stuff I ordered was what I got! a rarity nowadays.

5. Prices were reasonable.

Bad Points.

1. I ordered some replacement crimping tools and a cutter, wasn't that impressed with these items.

2. Some of the cameras I wanted were out of stock, and I had to use an alternative. Although I must say these were fine. (Haven't checked night-time performance yet though.)

In a nutshell I was happy and will be using these guys again. I don't recall seeing any IR lamps or similar in their catalogue though, so may have to go elsewhere for those.

Otherwise the catalogue is well laid out and the kit supplied seems of a good quality. So I would recommend them.

cheers

Simmo B)

Archived