Security Installer Community

optima compact

Guest electech

Guest electech

:wacko: I have a really annoying fault with my optima compact panel, in that the panel starts alarming (internal & external) whenever you attempt to unset the alarm (it is activated as soon as you press the first key during the entry period). However it only seems to do this if the alarm has been armed for some time.

I have tried reseting thre panel to its factory settings and re-programing, all sensors are working ok and the system/walk checks are fine - setting and unsetting the alarm is ok, but leave the house for a few hours and the alarm is always activated on return!. The panel was installed 5 years ago and the battery was replaced last year. Is there anyone that can shed any light on this, or alternatively, does any one know where replacement control boards for this panel can be bought?.

Theres no obvious or single answer to this without seeing it.

Do any LEDs show after unsetting?

Do you have any panic buttons, or does any wiring go down under the floor on the entry route?

Failing that I would say there may be a loose wire or dry joint on the PCB.

Guest electech

There are no panic buttons on the system or under-floor wiring in the entry area, I contacted ADE tech helpline this afternoon & they said it must be a faulty tamper switch behind the keypad, doubtful! as the led/s that come on after the alarm are Zone 3 and occasionally zones 3 & 4 and not the tamper LED, also if it was the tamper it would surely have been alarming at other times than the 'entry period'.

So I think it all seems to point to either a dry joint or faulty PCB.

Guest electech
Does the entry noise start when you enter the building? where are zone 3 and 4 in comparison to the keypad?

25075[/snapback]

Yes the entry noise starts when entering the Building (zone 1) then when the first number of the user code is pressed the alarm is activated, if you then carry on with the remaining user code the alarm is cancelled with the panel indicating either zone 3 or zone 3/4 activation, both of which are are in seperate parts of the building. There have been no false alarm activations whilst the panel is armed, and the fault only seems to occur when the panel has been armed for some time (overnight or all day)!!?. All this points to the panel being faulty, with perhaps a dry joint or faulty component the culprit.

Archived