Security Installer Community

apprentice horror

mcelec

a couple of years back i was fitting a fire alarm system in a hotel my company sent me an apprentice he had only been in the game a few weeks so i thought ill give him something easy, so i sent him up into the roof space to drag a cable through next thing i know he comes back to me an hour later with a black eye and a cut lip and looking a bit worse for wear, it turns out that he had never been in a loft before and thought he was beeing clever walking on the big sections between the joists (thats right the plasterboard) he fell through the ceiling and into an occupied room of the hotel and landed right ontop of a women in bed, she screamed cos she thought she was being raped he tried to flee the room as he got by the door a guest in another room had heard her screams and caught him on his way out of the room and kicked the sh*t out of him without giving him a chance to explain! it all got sorted out in the end but he never came back to work again and now im reluctant to send an apprentice in a loft again.

One of the hazards of working in Africa is the ever-present threat of creepy-crawlies in the roof space. We were installing in a commercial premises, and one of the engineers was running cable in the roof-space when he saw a snake. To escape this entirely harmless house-snake, he simply kicked through the ceiling board and jumped down into the room below. Onto the table of the board room. Whilst there was a board meeting in progress.

That took some explaining...

D7

i had a young man working with me....no lie..he started talking to vrt....laugh!!!i nearly bought me own beer....tho i must admit he's now a cracking service engineer..............sorry frosto lad :D .....i know i keep bringing it up,but i still **** myself laughing now....

i wont even mention the time i popped out for some gear only to return and find the entrance door window smashed....that daywork cost us money...one 'kin cable..thats all you had to do.... :whistle::whistle: top man...diamond geezer..when we going fishing....

i had a young man working with me....no lie..he started talking to vrt....laugh!!!i nearly bought me own beer....tho i must admit he's now a cracking service engineer..............sorry frosto lad :D .....i know i keep bringing it up,but i still **** myself laughing now....

i wont even mention the time i popped out for some gear only to return and find the entrance door window smashed....that daywork cost us money...one 'kin cable..thats all you had to do.... :whistle:  :whistle: top man...diamond geezer..when we going fishing....

22442[/snapback]

oh! and the time you wiped your dirty shoes on the door mat!!!only it wasn't the door mat was it!! :no: it was the owners best rug!!! :w00t: happy days...i want another now :o

the automated comms thingy!!! :blink: where you put systems on test by phone tones...its an //.National Installer.// thing..you had to be there.... a comedy moment :lol: im laughing now :lol::lol:

Archived