Security Installer Community

Texecom Impaq With Contact; What Am I Doing Wrong

Hi,

I wired the impaq which works fine for shock, but forgot to wire the reed (doh).

As im using deol, i took a link from one tamper side to one side of the reed, th the other side of the tamp was extended to the other reed contact.

The alarm sounds when the window is opened, but when the window is open and i attempt to set the alarm, it lets me and does not flag the zone.

To confirm;

Zone wire 1 -> 10k ->1st alarm terminal -> 22k -> 2nd alarm terminal -> 1st tamper terminal -> 1st reed terminal.

Zone wire 2 -> 2nd tamper terminal -> 2nd reed terminal.

Alarm and tamper work fine, and if tamper is open the alarm wont set, yet if reed is open alarm will set with no flag on zone?

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks

Danny

Okay, i'll do a diagram tomorrow when I'm at computer.

For now, I've run into another issue that i can think of a few workarounds, but am wondering if there is something I'm overlooking.

As im using deol on the veritas, that means;

10k = zone clear

33k = zone fault

O/C = Tamper fault

Straight forward, but as the texecom impaq i have has built in door contact, i'm using this on my entry/exit point. What i have done is wire the reed in series with the rest of the circuit, the problem is this means that when the door opens during unset the tamper alarm activates (o/c). Obviously this is no use as its entry/exit for day use.

Options;

One; Use another pair of wires and resistors and have the integrated reed on a seperate zone making it the entry/exit point. This way it will only trigger when open on set (i think).

Two; a little against instructions, but a third 22k resistor could be placed across the reed. This way, if only the impaqs shock alarm kicks in the panel would read 33k and alarm, if only the reed goes o/c it would do the same, and if both happened at once (unlikely) the panel would read 55k and probably alarm anyway.

This i think is easiest without disrupting my nice clean wiring.

Three; turn off (eol tamper alarm on o/c). I think that defeats the purpose!

Four; turn off (tamper alarm on unset).

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Danny

You can achieve what you want in option 2 without the extra resistor. Take the leg of the existing 22K resistor that has the zone wire connected to it to one of the reed switch terminals. Then link the other reed switch terminal with the vibration relay terminal without the two resistor legs (this should be the terminal where the zone wire and leg of the 22K resistor came from)

You could wire the latch from the vibration part of the detector, so if you do get a false alarm from the detector, you'll know wether it was the reed or vibration part.

Trade Member

You can achieve what you want in option 2 without the extra resistor. Take the leg of the existing 22K resistor that has the zone wire connected to it to one of the reed switch terminals. Then link the other reed switch terminal with the vibration relay terminal without the two resistor legs (this should be the terminal where the zone wire and leg of the 22K resistor came from)

You could wire the latch from the vibration part of the detector, so if you do get a false alarm from the detector, you'll know wether it was the reed or vibration part.

Hi,

Sorry I don't quite understand, isn't what you are suggesting just reversing what I already have?

Here is what I would do;

post-37921-0-75491400-1337085306_thumb.j

Giving a reading of 54kohms if both alarm at the same time. Dont know your panel, but i woulda though that would register as a fault

Edit: forgot to post solution

If you instead wire the reed in series with the alarm, then fit the 22k in parallel across both of them, then wire in series to your tamper resistor you will achive the 32k reading irrespective of how many zones are open

Giving a reading of 54kohms if both alarm at the same time. Dont know your panel, but i woulda though that would register as a fault

Edit: forgot to post solution

If you instead wire the reed in series with the alarm, then fit the 22k in parallel across both of them, then wire in series to your tamper resistor you will achive the 32k reading irrespective of how many zones are open

Hi,

I think thats what antinode was trying to tell me, though there is no tamper resistor!

I'll have a go and see how I get on.

Oh and yes my mistake, the resistor values are 10k and 22k making 32k or 54k if using my example.

Thanks for your time and help.

Archived