Security Installer Community

control panel

Guest robin

Guest robin

:?: i need some advive on which panel to upgrade my presant system too,im currently using an old ADE concept 6 panel which im planning to replace with either a pyronix sterling 10 or an ADE accenta 8 (g3) could you give me your thoughts on either of these panels & any experiences (good or bad) that you have had with them please.............ROB

excellent forum by the way

Guest simmo

Rob,

I'm a fan of the Sterling 10 - I've got over 20 installed and never had a problem with any of them.

Comes with 8 zones doddle to wire up, with a remote key pad. Go for the LCD keypad not the LED.

You may get a tamper fault upon initial power up, its normally the remote keypad the spring needs to be stretched a little, or the control panel tamper switch not sitting correctly on the wall.

Programming is pretty straight forward, some ppl complain that you cannot fit enough text on the RKP but I never find it a problem.

I've fitted speech diallers and smoke alarms to them, with no problems at all.

Fraid I've got no experience of the ADE accenta 8 so I'll let someone else run you thru that so you can compare.

Hope this helps

Simmo B)

Welcome Robin,

I think you'll find the Sterling 10 more user friendly when it comes to installation. The G3 manuals are heavy going if your not used to it. I agree with with everything that Simmo says about the Sterling 10. It's my standard panel now - I've also installed over 20 of them too! (sorry Simmo!!) not one problem except the one tamper spring problem. :banghead:

They look better too.:yes:

Good Luck

Steve K

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

Guest Adrian

B) Hi Rob

I used to install ADE stuff all the time there are some other posts about this on the forum.(thats all I will say for now)

I also have started to use the sterling 10 My first one went in very well and the customer and myself are very pleased. Its a good panel for the money It would be a good choice for you,

Adrian B)

Archived