Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9300 - Unable To Set Alarm

actsafe

I have an elderly Scantronic 9300 panel that came with the house. It was working OK but came with no manuals.

The system was turned off recently and the battery allowed to discharge fully while i was doing some other electrical work.

I repowered the system, it came back on however it had lost the preprogrammed user code and defaulted to 1234.

The panel is working in that i can change the user code, perform a bell test and perform a walk test. It is set up with an entry zone and a single alarm zone. All detection is by reed switch buried in the door frames somewhere. As i say these all function correctly on the walk test.

The panel shows the following leds: power, day and zone 1 while unset.

When trying to set, the panel gives an extended beep as the 4th digit of the alarm code is entered and refuses to set. I had assumed the fact that the zone 1 led was lit meant the system thought the detector was active and refused to arm. This is not the case all doors are shut, and when entering the walk test the zone 1 light disappears until the door is opened as it should.

zone 2 is shorted with a wire link.

I read somewhere that these old panels don't like being powered up and jumping into full alarm - Have i blown its brains out? Is it time for a new panel?

Any suggestions gratefully received

Thanks

Andrew

Archived