Security Installer Community

Upgrade From Scantronic 9800 To 9651

Alanp

Hi hoping someone may be able to assist I want to Upgrade from a Scantronic 9800 to a 9651 but the wiring is slightly different the 9651 has a common tamper circuit(2 connections) where as the 9800 has seperate tamper cicuits ie AT1 to AT6 as this is a six zone set up a single connection on each AT terminal and a twin wire between the AT terminals (return I expect)How do I wire these tamper circuits for use on the 9651 or do I need to rewire,Any help greatly appreciated Thanks Alan

Easiest way would be to series up the tampers together which makes a loop round all the detectors. Then you'll be left with 2 ends, these go in the tamp terminals. Only issue with this is you lose the individual zone tamper indication. So if you took the lid off the lounge detector, it would just display global tamper...... Not tamper lounge....

The other (better) way would be to use the resistors supplied, and fit these in each detector, and simply disconnect the x2 wires that are currently connected to the tamper terminals in the sensors. The manual explains how to do this.

Firstly thank you for your response I think I understand what is required,Basically the resistors need to fitted at the PIR's and magnetic switches but not the bell box as this is dealt with by the TR. One question though for an example between AT1 and AT2 terminals is the x2 wire,can these just be disconnected and isolated from each other and stowed in the panel or should they be disconnected at the end device PIR etc Thanks again Alan

Correct, bell is as your 9600 was.

If you fit resistors you need to tell the panel your using fsl (resistors). Option 21 ish in the manual iirc. Nothing is then connected in the tamper connections on the 9651

When using resistors you only need 2 wires to monitor the zone. So i'd use the pair that was connected to each zone on the 9600, then simply disconnect the two that went to the tampers on each zone. Just coil them up, you might need em one day ;)

Archived