Security Installer Community

Honeywell Dt7550A Dual Technology

Hi folks,

just reading through literature on the Honeywell DT7550A-UK dual technology detector - which states to mount the detector at exactly 2.3 metres in order to comply with TS50131-2-4.... would this only apply to a grade 3 install? Could the mounting height differ on a grade 2 install?

:hmm:

That is stipulated because that is the height at which the sensor has passed the requirements of the EN standards, and actually the TS has been superseded by BS EN50131-2-4:2008, and that sensor is only grade 2, for the new regs, just making you aware.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

That is stipulated because that is the height at which the sensor has passed the requirements of the EN standards, and actually the TS has been superseded by BS EN50131-2-4:2008, and that sensor is only grade 2, for the new regs, just making you aware.

So would it matter in a grade 2 install if the sensor is mounted slightly higher?

Thanks for the heads up on the new regs - as you can tell, I'm new to the industry!

Depends what you mean by "Slightly Higher" if you go too high over the manufacturers specs you will end up with deadspots, best if you can to check first. If you are talking 10cm or so then it's probably fine, anymore and i would check it. I thought the DT7550 went to 3Mtrs?

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Depends what you mean by "Slightly Higher" if you go too high over the manufacturers specs you will end up with deadspots, best if you can to check first. If you are talking 10cm or so then it's probably fine, anymore and i would check it. I thought the DT7550 went to 3Mtrs?

It won't get mounted over 10cm extra so that's a relief! It may go to 3 metres, it just doesn't say on the spec/install sheet that came with it - it simply states 2.3m for TS50131-2-4 compliance!

Many thanks for your help.

Archived