Security Installer Community

Excelsior - Adt

Hi Guys, little problem you may have an answer to.

Have a customer with an ADT Excelsior to control 2 doors for general entry with an entry panel for 42 offices where one of the doors can be opened from an office using hardwired phone. The ADT alarm can be triggered from a door opening when alarm armed.

The system is still under ADT but servicing could be considered lax as the entry panel has problems, is difficult for the client/visitors to operate and the back-up battery was last replaced in 2000!! Client would like me to take it over/replace.

ADT support centre does not give the opportunity to have a chat with an engineer to see if the faults can be simply rectified. Basically not helpful

Anyone have a manual? The hand held programmer is available but no codes etc. and shows a date in 2008! Not connected to a PC, no software.

Alternatively, any ideas on a modern panel replacement, using existing wiring where possible and would prefer to install Paxton door control units.

Thanks in anticipation

What faults do you have?

The panel is originally an Innovative Electronic Technology T4000+ panel, usually fitted with a power supply to the side..

Default codes on the programmer are 11111, 22222 & 33333. To get into engineering you need to push the "Prog" button on the main pcb then the keypad will allow access.

These are the defaults for the units we get from IET - but I don't know if ADT have had anything changed.

I've got dozens fitted in the UK and europe and find them very very reliable.

IET T4000+ Install.pdf

What faults do you have?

The panel is originally an Innovative Electronic Technology T4000+ panel, usually fitted with a power supply to the side..

Default codes on the programmer are 11111, 22222 & 33333. To get into engineering you need to push the "Prog" button on the main pcb then the keypad will allow access.

These are the defaults for the units we get from IET - but I don't know if ADT have had anything changed.

I've attached the manual if its of use...?

I've got dozens fitted in the UK and europe and find them very very reliable.

Hi Miaren, thank you very much for this, have been in touch with IET - extremely helpful and confident we can get the system up and running and networked. So once again, really appreciate your time in responding. BTW, are based anywhere near Ellesmere Port?

cheers

Hi Miaren, thank you very much for this, have been in touch with IET - extremely helpful and confident we can get the system up and running and networked. So once again, really appreciate your time in responding. BTW, are based anywhere near Ellesmere Port?

cheers

Me? I'm down in sunny South Wales - but willing to travel.

Archived