Security Installer Community

Dynamic Dns Set Up

frenchman

Bonjour tout le monde, any of you using dynamic dns set up for remote access to dvr? I was wondering if you guys could recommend anyone and give me a quick summary of the procedure. We use a it company to do all our port forwarding at present but would obviously prefer to do it all ourselves and found a solution for domestic applications and their ever changing IP adress. Thanks in advance.

Hello Frenchman,

You can find information on how to port forward on most routers here: www.portforward.com

With regards to Dynamic DNS, http://www.dyndns.com/ is one such site, you create an account (very straight forward) and you enter the details in either the router or the DVR (not all routers or DVRs support this).

Many DVRs these days have their own dedicated service, which is often free. IMO the free service from a DVR manufacturer works considerably better than a free service from sites such as the above. Simply because it is a dedicated service and not distracted or delayed by millions of other updates simultaneously.

Can I ask which DVRs you normally use?

Archived