Security Installer Community

Help And Advice On Upgrade

m300raj

Hi I am just upgrading my system to include a Interactive Voice Module I have installed a phone line to the pannel and fitted the module, I have also enabled it in the cotrol pannel and also set up FM with a number.

The Moduel which is a RP128EV00UKA has been connected via the supplied leads one which connects to BUS1 and one to the Voice connector on the control pannel.

Now For the problem I get a Voice Tamper Fault when i exit the system, the instalation manual makes no ref to the tamper function on the board other than if you opt for the MBU to connect it to that, I have also enabled the onboard MIC.

Can anyone help with this problem?

I think it may just need a resistor on the tamp output but need to confirm this first and how to connect it

Thanks

Raj

Hi,

i have the Prosys at home, but i've not used the voice module as yet. my 1st thought seing as it is hard wired to the MB is to ask is there a lid (tamper) contact on it and if it adjusted so closes properly on the voice unit?

as you close the lid slowly listen for the 'click' or 'pop' from the micro switch, these contacts are not lways best adjusted at the factory or the case may be dustoretd by an uneven mounting surface.

failing that -:

Technical Support Tel: 0161 655 5600

Technical Support Fax: 0161 655 5610

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi thanks for the reply, the main CP has a tamper swich which is fine the module itself has no microswich on it and is attached to the main borad via screws therefore is in the cp box.

so i am still a bit lost

thanks

had a look at te manual (PDF Version),

Page 17 of the manual shows a wiring diagram, there is a connection between terminals marked 'TMP' on both the Voice Module and the MBU for 'listen in'

Have you used (and so wired in) the MBU as per diagram? if not used you may have to install a link to 'fool' the Voice Module the MBU lid is closed, but i can't see a referrence to it.

time for youto phone tech help on number above, but let us know please ;)

Arfur

You will find the Interactive Voice Module has a tamper terminal on the main board, this is usually used for monitoring the tamper for the MBU, but if you are not using one, it still needs a negative feed into the terminal.

All you need to do is put a link from the ‘com’ terminal into the ‘tmp’ terminal.

This sorted the fault now to next step and program and test it

thanks for you help

By the way as you have this system installed I have one question on this alarm, that is when the system is part set I would like the display to show it is, this is so whoever gets up first in the morning or needs to go out during the night can tell that the system is part set without having to ask or key in code to check, the system shows the alarm set but only for about 5 seconds.

thanks for all your help

You will find the Interactive Voice Module has a tamper terminal on the main board, this is usually used for monitoring the tamper for the MBU, but if you are not using one, it still needs a negative feed into the terminal.

All you need to do is put a link from the ‘com’ terminal into the ‘tmp’ terminal.

This sorted the fault now to next step and program and test it

thanks for you help

By the way as you have this system installed I have one question on this alarm, that is when the system is part set I would like the display to show it is, this is so whoever gets up first in the morning or needs to go out during the night can tell that the system is part set without having to ask or key in code to check, the system shows the alarm set but only for about 5 seconds.

thanks for all your help

tbh i guessed that what you had to, most tampers a re negative so makes sense to link TMP to it,, but did not want you to risk blowing up your panel up with my 'educated' guess :).

Mine is very early software(V.4) so has amaerican software, display showing if panel is set or not is not allowed on EN graded systems, or burglars would know by looking if safe to break in.

obviously you don't need to observe the grading but would not recommend keypad n view, you could fit a simple 12 LED from the 'set' output (if it has one on the keypad), or wired from one of the panel outputs.

tbh far easier and what we do, when we set/part set we leave the keypad flap open, then closed it when not armed ;).

other people put a scarf over the banister, i have known engineers suggest leave a vase at top of stairs - which experience tells me it is not terribly wize advice, especially for the darker hours lol!

Arfur

ok mine is runing V8.24 i also have the LCD type keypad so no flap, I also want to be able to switch off the lcd backlight but can't see how to do that either you can turn off display so burglars can't see the status of the alarm and you just need to touch the keypad for it to come alive again tbh it can't bee seen from outside anyway. as I have one ketpad in the bedroom and set it from there last thing at night when I know everyone is asleep or I know no one is going to exit the house, its just the bedroom keypad is a bit bright at night.

regards

Raj

Archived