Security Installer Community

Gardtec Sensors Reset

pinio

It's simply the detector sends the tamper clear on the back end if an activation signal, if you don't edit until the detector has 'slumbered' for it's 3 minutes, then activate it the detector can't send the 'tamper clear' to the panel.

I find it easier to fit all detection, then walk test each, leave engineer mode. Any tamper prob I wait about 5 mins (busy area I block detector with an old box) then again activate it.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

As above Simple but effective way of doing things to prove them.

Had many a customer set system, remember thier wallet/handbag walk into room on access and call me saying the system isnt working.

The amount of times I have told people the STUPID THING ON THE WALL NEEDS A BIT OF TIME TO RESET.

Ooops did I shout?

Think i`ll use anothers moniker and grab my old avatar back.

"Customers"

<man in mask breaking in>

guys

thanks for help, I did what arf said, and it works now!!! I hope there is not going to be any more issues with it. whan I was placing them back on the wal I had error for tamper zone as detector was opened but before I never had any erros like "not ready reports".

I replaced all bateries and I think there was a problem with one of them, it was flashing but probably battery was nearly dead.

I think I need to replace battery in the main panel as on powet cut I had no alarm going - is this right??

for this moment it is fine and i will update if there is more to it.

what tah 12hrs means in test mode?? does it mean it will automaticaly test system after 12 hours??

thanks all one again

12 hour is really a zone used only when set and nit part of an entry exit rout.

times were system was not used during the day so '12 hour' as opposed to a safe cabinet '24 hour'.

Need to ask, did you say you removed your detectors for cavity wall insulation, usually that's done from outside, so why remove them?

Replace detector batts every 3 years, no longer, panel will report weak batteries and detector led will flash in alarm instead if a single short indication. IMHO 3 years tops for the panel batt if you have no means if testing them.

If you alarm failed to work during a power cut, I'd also look at your external siren, as that should activate once batteries fail (has own battery).

Arfur

either it just me or risco radio stuff does not always know the tamper is closed after the sub has tried to move / refit ? (cpx/ 595)

viewing signal strenght appear to cure ?

think maybe checking signal strength will help, not being 2 way (unless you buy the dearer ones), to do so you still need to activate the detector, but not tried it tbh.

Arfur

Art:

I was doing internal wall insulation, leased property and I couldn't do it outside.

THanks for help again. I will check outside siren as well.

By internal insulation I thought you meant cavity insulation :).

Pleased your sorted

Arfur

Archived