Security Installer Community

Cooper M12 Smoke Detector Connection To 9751 Panel

Benny2009

Hello all, I'm trying to connect a cooper M12 smoke/optical detector to a scantronic 9751 panel, but a little confused. Im using FSL wiring throughout, and have wired all IR detectors using EOL Resistors. But when I came to the smoke detector,I have wired the smoke detector in a same way as I have wired a PIR.

Smoke Alarm

Terminal 1 - +12v

2 - -12v

3 & 4 - 4k7 Resistor across these terminals

E - 2k2 Resistor wired in series between terminal 4 & E

Is this correct?

What I can't seem to understand is there is no tamper switch on the sensor, only one terminal, so there will not be an open circuit whenever the cover is removed. Does this mean that the control panel will only detect tamper if the wire is cut after the 2k2 resistor?

Sorry, just can't get my head round it!!

Another way to wire I thought is to connect Terminals 3&4 with a 4k7 resistor across for the fire zone only, and then use another pair of wires across terminal E (with a 2k2 resistor in series) for the tamper. This then would be wired separately into a spare zone & wired as 24hr.

Any help appreciated

Benny.

Your correct in the wiring.

There will be no tamper when the head is removed.

There is no reason for it to be tamperd in all honesty.

What will happen when the head is removed is a fire condition will be seen by the panel.

Your correct in the wiring.

There will be no tamper when the head is removed.

There is no reason for it to be tamperd in all honesty.

What will happen when the head is removed is a fire condition will be seen by the panel.

Hello Oxo, thank you for your quick reply. I now understand what you've just explained.

Thanks again!

Archived