Security Installer Community

Honeywell Accenta

lostboy

New Honeywell "Accenta" Alarm fitted & working fine. 6 Honeywell viper vibration sensors installed that require momentary disconect to re-arm them how do I connect to the board to achieve automatic re set when sensor has been activated.

Manual says little on this only some ref. to the "SET" terminal which according to the spec says 0V in Day sinking 400mA (system not armed) and 12V in set (I presume armed)sourcing 10mA.

The total load of all six Vibration sensors is about 50mA so according to the spec connecting to this terminal would overload the supply when arming.

It seems strange that Honeywell do not make provision for their own sensors so its obviously me who is missing something, ( the old panel that I took out had a terminal that gave this Momentary disconect to re set them). Currently a temp push to break switch has been installed in the

12v -ve feed for these items which serves to re set them as a temp measure.

thankfully this is my own domestic system and not a customers - Can someone help please

regards

Ian

We talking the 5 wire connection?

All on one zone?

If not wire as normal and have the detectors set non latching. Do not worry about switching.

Archived