Security Installer Community

Gardtec 595 Random Fault

Smudge807

i have installed a GT595 in a school which has been fitted for 7-8 months and has 2 expanders , a month ago i kept getting random faults on all zones on zex 2 , after checking it all out the zex seem to be at fault , which i changed , it has now just started doing the same thing again ,all used zones go active together very randomly ....

cable feed to Zex fine (25 m run), zex in psu but power fed from panel (13.45v ) neutrals are linked , pirs fed off psu .I have 4 zones on one 12 core cable, which risco point to as a problem ie one of the zones on the 12 core playing up , all zones metre fine , no inductance , shorts etc all doing exactly as its says on the tin , risco saying zex ok as never comes up with zex tamper fault and zones not in use do not show up ........

Any ideas would be most welcome as starting to pull my hair out ... )-:

i have installed a GT595 in a school which has been fitted for 7-8 months and has 2 expanders , a month ago i kept getting random faults on all zones on zex 2 , after checking it all out the zex seem to be at fault , which i changed , it has now just started doing the same thing again ,all used zones go active together very randomly ....

cable feed to Zex fine (25 m run), zex in psu but power fed from panel (13.45v ) neutrals are linked , pirs fed off psu .I have 4 zones on one 12 core cable, which risco point to as a problem ie one of the zones on the 12 core playing up , all zones metre fine , no inductance , shorts etc all doing exactly as its says on the tin , risco saying zex ok as never comes up with zex tamper fault and zones not in use do not show up ........

Any ideas would be most welcome as starting to pull my hair out ... )-:

take a close look at the fuse carriers in the panel - they had problems this time last year with them, same with the PSU

I presume the PSU has been checked out and is OK? IE aux output fuse holder, voltages, battery, switches over on mains fail properly?

Not a major Risco user so can't think of any model related problems.

What about linking all zones out on Zex 2 and putting on them on soak, with a temporary Zex (address as 3) for the detection, just to narrow it down a bit?

Trade Member

i'd be suggest the same, also look at the inline batt fuse, and stretch the spring, very common issue causing many of the uncommon faults

i'd also ask is the data link near mains or florescent lighting circuits? how often is it faulting, is it at a fairly regular time of/or day? are th expanders in a location subject to casing condensation.

i'd also wonder if there a problem in the 1st ZEX data output, so an idea might be to swap them over, ZEX1 being thus far fault free. if there is a dry joint your testing to fault find might actually clear it for a while, until it go's 'dry' again.

Arfur

//if not my day rates are £................... (i'll fill it in once i've found it lol)!//

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

i'd be suggest the same, also look at the inline batt fuse, and stretch the spring, very common issue causing many of the uncommon faults

I can think of better ways to waste 10 seconds.

OP - are the zones EOL?

I can think of better ways to waste 10 seconds.

OP - are the zones EOL?

perhaps posting about further that little problem you had with wireless kit - and me posting about moving switch 4 would be nice ;)

still waiting for the bottle of scotch - i'm getting very thirsty

Arfur

and my birthday is EARLY next month

Thanks for the replys guys ,

psu was checked out and is working fine , and zones are all EOL ...

Will report back my findings

i, as others would be very interested smudge807,

bit hard to diagnose when looking through the letter box, but a base point is the kit is generally very very reliable. so i'd tend to look for environmental issues, rodent damage to cables, or near hot pipes and so, this after i've checked out for human error (aka plonker fowl up's like a misplaced cable staple shorting).

Arfur

perhaps posting about further that little problem you had with wireless kit - and me posting about moving switch 4 would be nice ;)

still waiting for the bottle of scotch - i'm getting very thirsty

Arfur

and my birthday is EARLY next month

As I said at the time, we will look into it, thanks but that wouldnt explain the older systems failing for the same reason nor the ones that don`t have a problem.

As I said at the time, we will look into it, thanks but that would n't explain the older systems failing for the same reason nor the ones that don`t have a problem.

tbh it don't always happen, you on some you just get a 'device not ready', when it happens up the send rate on Sw4.

came to light on the Agilities using the standard Risco detectors, (defaulted to the newer EU directives), one of those settings you read but forget about until you get CNS issues.

Arfur.

Archived