Security Installer Community

NSI Systems Silver

Hi all, has some of you will know i've just gone self employed at the begining of this week and after some sleepless nights have decided to go down the NSI Systems Silver route, can any one here give me any advice regarding approval status and any stories of relevant experiences would be great!!

I read on an earlier post that you can get hold of an cd that has all the required paper documents on it for the stationary side of things, i this true?

Thanks for any replys. :)

Go SSAIB - if you go NSI Silver your competitors will already have an edge over you. No one wants a silver installer when they can have a gold one for the same cost of install, ok they might be no better than you but its all physcological. Whereas the SSAIB can be seen as an equivalent to NSI Gold (just without the quality management qualification which you dont really need most of the jobs you will get). Dont let your competition have a head start on you join the SSAIB its accepted by all insurers (just some of them don't know it and have to be told!)

Trade Member

Guest Guest

Get an info/application pack from both the NSI/ SSAIB and choose the one that best fits the area of business that you intend to compete in.

There are pro's and con's with both, and its not simply down to different membership levels, both bodies have two and as insurers etc start to implement the Euro regs then you will see the implications of both.

Remember just because you get approved at level one, this shouldn't be regarded as the top step of the ladder mearly the first with room to learn and grow.

Colin.

Guest Peter James

I agree with Colin look very closely at all options there are hidden benifits to the NSI.

As for paperwork there are quality management companies out there that can help.

We use a company called EQM they have just rewritten our q manual.

They produce all our forms with a handy program so we only have to write the customer details once.

eqm

Retired Nacoss inspectors like Gordon Whyles also offer this type of service call NSI and ask if they can reccomend anyone in your area.

Pete

:)

Archived