Security Installer Community

Oddyssey 3 Bell Leds

Hi there,

Quick query if i may. Currently my set up is a self installed Visonic Powermax+ with a wired Odyssey 3 Sounder (wiring from previous system was already there and I like the idea of a hard wired bell).

With up and coming kitchen refurb I moved the alarm panel to a cupboard upstairs which has the bell cable running through it. Got the bell box into Hold-off mode ok and had the usual flashing left LED. Moved panel OK and reconnected sounder, and replacing sounder lid started the rapid flashing of the 2 LEDS for the hold off cancelling reset. Did an alarm test and sure enough it went off. When taking my ladder down I noticed that only the left hand LED was on continuously. Tried a couple of alarm sets and unsets no change. Sounder seemed to still work.

Only thing I did on the panel was I noticed there was a setting to change from the internal panel siren (which I don't use as it scares my dogs to death its so loud inside) to a strobe, so did this as I think it activates the strobe in the sounder box, which I cannot recall if I've seen it work or not - probably not. I've changed that setting back, it didn't immediately cause the leds to flash again.

Now about 4 hours on both LEDS flashing slowly as normal.

There's nothing in the Odyssey Installation about fixed LEDs only flashing ones, so anyone any idea? Just hope its not going to go off at 4 in the morning knowing my luck!!

Also as an aside is there anyway to do a hardwired bell test off the Powermax panel without having to set the alarm and then trigger it? A way to trigger the strobe as well from the panel to test would also be helpful, but I guess ......:no:

Thanks in anticipation

Archived