Security Installer Community

Bt Pathway Problem

Hello All.

Wondering if any one can help me with a issue on my office Pathway system. One day we suddenly lost the use of lines 3 & 4 for no apparent reason. Tried all the usuall things like resetting and reprograming but nothing worked. I have checked the lines and the cabling to the unit and all appeared in order. So, thinking that the board had fried, ordred a new board however the problem still exists. The system phone only shows line 1 & line 2 and when we try lines 3 or 4 it just say "Not Equipped".

Any help would be most appreciated.

Hello All.

Wondering if any one can help me with a issue on my office Pathway system. One day we suddenly lost the use of lines 3 & 4 for no apparent reason. Tried all the usuall things like resetting and reprograming but nothing worked. I have checked the lines and the cabling to the unit and all appeared in order. So, thinking that the board had fried, ordred a new board however the problem still exists. The system phone only shows line 1 & line 2 and when we try lines 3 or 4 it just say "Not Equipped".

Any help would be most appreciated.

Two lines dropping sounds like it is likely an error on the line card or main board.

Have you tried physically swapping the lines L3 and L4 with L1 and L2 just to verify the lines are indeed active?

If you swap them as mentioned above, and you still get dial tone on lines 1 and 2, the line card or main board is faulty.

If you don't get dial tone on 1 & 2 but you do on 3 & 4, then the two lines are for some reason at fault.

It could be a faulty line card (even though you bought a new one), especially if it was an ebay special! Try swapping the line card for lines 1 & 2 with the line card for 3 & 4. If the fault moves to lines 1 & 2 you know you have a dodgy second card.

Are you damn sure you have lines 3 & 4 programmed as EQUIPPED in the line settings?

Are you positive that the feature key labelled for lines 3 and 4 has not been changed to a different line or feature code? This assumes you only notice this problem on one featurephone, or only have one featurephone, as each position can program the feature keys independently.

My last point would be to check you have the correct line card. It is a PSTN card, and it is for the PATHWAY and not the INSPIRATION? Although they look and behave the same, they have a completely different firmware and nothing is interchangeable between the two systems, despite looking identical.

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

Archived